Traditional B2B sales enablement tools are all about helping sellers get the information and assets they need to sell effectively without wasting time navigating tools or trawling through endless content repositories.
But while sales enablement has its roots in helping sellers manage content, today it covers other processes that either help save sellers time on a range of day-to-day tasks or make them more effective at selling, including:
- Organization of and access to sales assets
- Providing continuous training and development
- Engaging prospects
- Automating sales management processes
- Providing sales intelligence insights
- And more…
In B2B environments this is especially important because the sales cycle is often longer and more complex and there is so much more at stake. In these contexts, sales enablement can theoretically include almost any tool that saves your sales team time and effort spent on non-selling tasks.
In this article, we take a look at 12 B2B sales enablement tools, organized into five areas ranging from Content Management to Sales Intelligence, so you can pinpoint the tool that will best serve your needs.
Note: If you’re interested in finding out more about how Bigtincan can help your organization with sales enablement, request a demo to find out more about how it can be custom-tailored to your sales team’s needs.
Content Management Tools
Training & Development Tools
Sales Engagement Tools
Sales Management & Automation Tools
8. Chili Piper
Sales Intelligence Tools
Content Management Tools
1. Bigtincan Hub (Our Content Management Solution)
Bigtincan Hub makes it fast and easy for your sales team to find the files they need where and whenever they need them, even if they’re stored across multiple repositories.
And, it shows you how prospects interact with the content so you can follow up accordingly.
It’s a single interface that your sales team uses to search for, use and edit any file in any of the repositories you already use (like Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft Sharepoint, for example). It does this by integrating and surfacing files stored in other repositories, while also serving as a repository itself, if that’s what you choose to use to store your assets.
The Bigtincan interface is super simple and intuitive to use and because it plugs straight into all the resources located across all the systems you already use, you’ll never have to migrate all of your documents and information into a completely new system, which may…
- Require your entire sales team to learn a new system (taking even more time away from selling)
- Risk your assets going unused if the new system is difficult to navigate
AI-Powered Full-Text Search Quickly Finds Any Asset
Rather than raking through dozens of folders in numerous repositories across the organization, salespeople can use Bigtincan’s powerful search function to find the files they need right from the interface.
The search function has been specifically designed to:
- Work online and offline as needed
- Search through all repositories
- Search through the entire text of every file, not just file names
- Tailor results to the role of the person searching. An SDRP will get different results to an account executive, for example.
Mobile Enablement Gives Access to Assets on the Go
With Bigtincan all files, across all the storage locations, are available on any device, even when you’re offline. Sellers can view, edit, and use all resources, which are regularly synced to keep them up to date, in any location, whether that’s in the office or at the train station, regardless of internet connectivity.
Any changes made to a file while offline, like edits to a pitch presentation for example, will automatically be synced as soon as Bigtincan gets back online, making the changes permanent and available to the whole sales team as soon as possible. That way there are no mistakes caused by several versions of the same document being kept in different repositories – Bigtincan makes the changes across the board so everyone can be sure they are working off exactly the same information.
Files can also be saved to a smartphone or tablet, specifically for offline use whenever they are needed, even in remote locations with patchy internet coverage.
SalesHood is a sales enablement platform that covers virtual learning, coaching and sales asset management.
Its content management functions are focused on managing sales documents to enable teams to access content at the exact moment they need it, as well as to create successful sales play examples and guided content that makes the sales process more effective.
The platform is designed for sales and marketing teams to create and improve their own library of sales playbook templates that sales teams can follow to close more deals.
According to the SalesHood website, “SalesHood’s guided selling system helps sales teams close more deals, faster, with just-in-time content. Its sales enablement platform is purpose-built for fast-growing teams. We help you enable all your revenue teams, inside sales, field sales, customer success and partners with a platform for virtual Learning, Coaching and Selling. Our Sales Enablement Platform is created for remote teams to collaborate and boost sales productivity.”
Training and Development Tools
3. Bigtincan Learning (Our Training and Development Tool)
Bigtincan Learning provides individualized training for sales teams and is fully optimized for being used on the go from any device. Sales reps can access training whenever they have time, which can be between sales calls, on a coffee break, or even in a lobby while waiting for a meeting.
Sales training using Bigtincan Learning is designed to be more effective and engaging for learners by focusing on:
- Microlearning: Using short videos, quizzes and interactive exercises. This short-form approach is proven to increase learning retention compared to longer training modules.
- Adaptive Learning: Giving each learner an individualized track through their training (based on their role, geographical location, or the products they sell, for example). The training they are given is tailored to exactly what they need to do their job, which means they spend less time on generic training given to large cohorts of trainees, but which is ultimately irrelevant.
- Just-in-time learning: Offering up the learning that salespeople need at the exact time they need it. Powerful AI-driven search allows a sales rep, for example, to look up training and specifications about the exact product a sales prospect is interested in, without having to remember the training session they were given at onboarding long ago.
- Video coaching: This Bigtincan Learning function allows managers to set video assignments, like a sales pitch for a particular product, which salespeople record in their own time and submit for review. This saves the hassle of scheduling one-to-one training sessions at mutually convenient times, and gives sellers the opportunity to practice pitches and get feedback as often as needed.
4. VoiceVibes (a Bigtincan Company)
VoiceVibes, a Bigtincan company, focuses on teaching each member of your sales team how to adjust their tone of voice, or ‘vibe’, to make the best possible impression with sales prospects. Studies have shown that using and acting on the metrics it provides increases the chance of a sale 13-fold.
AI-driven software analyzes sales calls and pitches, for example, for 20 different ‘vibes’ in the seller’s voice and provides feedback on what can be improved. This scientifically-backed feedback (the tool was designed in partnership with linguists and acoustic psychologists) gives sales coaches very specific insights about how salespeople are being perceived on calls. The software highlights if they are being ‘personable’ or ‘pushy’, for example, and suggests improvements.
Used as a sales training tool VoiceVibes takes the guesswork out of pinpointing how and why one call was more successful than another, by highlighting the differences in tone of voice throughout. This cuts down on the time coaches spend on manually reviewing and analyzing recordings of calls and pitches and providing feedback, whilst offering insights based on a huge corpus of examples of professional speech.
For more in-depth information about how to use VoiceVibes for sales training see this article.
Sales Engagement Tools
5. ClearSlide (a Bigtincan Company)
ClearSlide helps sales teams to analyze online sales calls and offers real-time feedback on prospect engagement, and, ultimately, data on how likely it is that the prospect will buy.
The ClearSlide web platform hosts online sales meetings whilst also providing tools to:
- Analyze levels of engagement among meeting attendees: Hosts get real-time alerts when sales prospects are disengaged from the call. This gives your sales team the chance to improve their communication, while the call is ongoing, and engage them once again.
- Record meetings and analytics: After an online sales meeting is over ClearSlide stores a recording of the meeting along with related analytics and meeting details (like attendee names, roles and contact details), along with how engaged they were with the information that was conveyed.
- Monitor engagement with assets: Documents and other resources shared with sales prospects can be monitored for engagement during a sales meeting, or even afterward. ClearSlide provides details of who reads each document, and when, which gives an insight into who is most likely to buy.
For more about how to use ClearSlide for sales engagement take a look at this article.
SalesLoft is a sales engagement platform that integrates with a range of the most popular CRMs and offers automation tools for outbound selling, including:
- Working through sales cadences
- One-click dialing and texting from anywhere
- Automatic CRM integration for all activities
- Analytics to give managers insights into which cadences are working best or how many touches it takes to get a response
According to its website, “SalesLoft helps B2B sales teams close more deals. We integrate with today’s top CRMs, turning your data into easy multi-channel steps that help sellers get to “yes” quicker. “Yes, I’ll take your call.” “Yes, I want a demo.” “Yes, send me the contract.”
Sales Management and Automation Tools
Dooly is a task management tool that syncs sales meetings and notes with Salesforce allowing sales reps and other sales team members to speed up the process of updating information in the CRM. It claims to save each salesperson up to 5 and a half hours of CRM data entry per week.
Every team member’s notes about a specific prospect or customer are kept in one place and sales reps can share their notes with anyone, along with creating and sharing templates on how they sell.
Additionally, Dooly provides a tool that suggests content and battle cards in pop-ups within the saved notes for each contact based on what is said, providing information on how to counter objections in real-time, for example.
According to its website, Dooly helps users, “spend more time with your customers and less time organizing and logging your notes. Take notes and Dooly syncs everything with Salesforce for you.”
8. Chili Piper
Chili Piper offers one-click scheduling software and ‘round robin’ distribution of inbound sales calls and leads as well as automation of SDR to Account Executive handoffs.
It provides booking over email, which includes embedding suggested times and allowing recipients to book a meeting with one click, rather than using a booking link that takes them to another webpage.
Its website claims that “Chili Piper’s advanced scheduling software helps B2B revenue teams double their conversion rates, increase customer satisfaction, and reach new levels of productivity.”
Outreach is designed to drive sales engagement by automating sales, tracking emails, and providing data analytics. It is specially designed to work with remote sales.
The Outreach Buyer Sentiment Analysis feature allows users to understand buyers’ perceptions of each sales activity and quickly gives sellers the information they need to handle objections.
The Outreach website claims the following benefits, “From sales automation to conversation intelligence, buyer sentiment analysis, team performance reporting — and so much more — Outreach is an integrated sales engagement platform that helps sales reps and leaders increase productivity, generate more sales opportunities, and beat your sales goals.”
Sales Intelligence Tools
ZoomInfo is a tool that pulls market intelligence for the accounts that sales teams are attempting to reach. Its search functionality focuses on identifying and connecting salespeople with their ideal prospects by gathering market information from a variety of online sources about…
- How the company has been featured in the news
- New hires and employees who have moved on
- Contact information including addresses and phone numbers
- Names of decision makers
- Team size
- Technology use
- Which companies are looking to buy
- And many more data points…
This information is pushed directly into your CRM and accessible in real-time by each relevant sales rep.
According to the ZoomInfo website, “whether you’re prospecting for your next customer or targeting a critical decision-maker, our advanced search functionality makes it easy to identify and connect with your ideal buyers.”
Clearbit is a marketing data engine for customer interactions. It helps users identify future prospects and personalize every marketing and sales interaction.
It offers real-time lookups of specific accounts and prospects, allowing sales reps to act on the latest and most up-to-date contact and company information. Alongside this, it alerts your sales team to job changes within the leads and accounts they follow, so they have accurate information at all times.
The Clearbit website explains that it was, “built from the ground up to integrate right into your existing stack, providing uniform, seamless data across your sales, marketing, and analytics teams. See the full picture from the get-go, so you’re prepared to reach the right people, make great first impressions, and nurture relationships throughout their lifecycle.”
6sense calls itself an account engagement platform and says it is designed to help teams increase revenue by identifying the most valuable accounts for sales teams to focus on. Its sales intelligence tools uncover insights and suggest the best time to pursue prospects based on these findings.
Sales reps are given access to all account data and available insights, within the CRM, to understand where prospects are on the buying journey as well as their level of engagement with the sales process. It identifies which contacts are decision-makers, provides information about their interests, and suggests which actions should be taken next for the deal to move forward.
From the 6sense website: “6sense Account Engagement Platform helps B2B organizations achieve predictable revenue growth by putting the power of AI, big data, and machine learning behind every member of the revenue team. 6sense uncovers anonymous buying behavior, prioritizes accounts for sales and marketing, and enables them to engage resistant buying teams with personalized, multi-channel, multi-touch campaigns.”
Note: If you’re interested in finding out more about how Bigtincan can help your organization with sales enablement, request a demo.