‘Bigtincan hub’ Enables BYOD by Providing a Secure, Intelligent and Social Platform That Delivers Significant Productivity Gains for Mobile Workforces
BOSTON – November 1, 2012 – Bigtincan announced today the availability of Bigtincan Hub, its next-generation enterprise sales content management and productivity solution for mobile devices. Bigtincan hub is the industry’s first and only secure, intelligent and social platform that arms remote employees with everything that they need to do business at the tips of their fingers.
“BYOD is changing the business landscape and before now, security was one of the biggest barriers to widespread adoption,” noted David Keane, CEO/managing director of Bigtincan. “Bigtincan Hub embeds all of the necessary security and content controls that can empower businesses to take advantage of the huge productivity opportunities that tablet’s and smartphone’s can offer mobile workers.”
Built on top of the BTC Dashboard platform, Bigtincan Hub is a powerful mobile solution for secure delivery of business content with a consumer-like experience. The technology helps enterprises maximize the profitability and productivity of their mobile workforce by delivering a fully-integrated system for existing and emerging mobile platforms that arms road warriors with the most up-to-date, valuable and accurate business content.
The technology delivers benefits to line of business and IT professionals by providing:
- Content policy management, including role-based permissions that safeguard sensitive information by ensuring that content is only viewable and/or editable by the intended recipient. The application also provides location based content control that can prevent users from accessing content in specific places. The technology exceeds key regulatory requirements including SOX, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA and more.
- Security and data leakage protection, meaning that all content can be encrypted on the device over-the-air and on the server. This allows IT department’s to ensure that content is securely delivered and that users can’t move content from the secure container – preventing data leakage.
- Powerful document management functionality that empowers users to directly edit, mark-up and organize nearly any form of content including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDFs , HTML5 content, videos, ebooks, podcasts and more. The application also features animated power point presentations and Adobe Flash rendering making the experience more engaging and interactive.
- ContentIQ, an innovative content scoring system that highlights and prioritizes content – saving workers in the field significant time while ensuring that the most relevant content is read first.
- SocialIQ, a unique, real-time content metrics system that tracks who is doing what with materials. The application delivers several strong ‘social’ features like content rating, subscribing and sharing – helping users identify and prioritize interesting content and engage with peers in real-time.
- 3rd party integration with a wide variety of solutions including Citrix, Sharepoint, Outlook, SAP,Salesforce.com and more.
- Live video collaboration, letting users see and hear colleagues during direct feedback and editing sessions.
"As a building materials and construction services company, a lot of our business gets done at the jobsite and boosting the productivity of our field personnel is critical to our organization's success," said, Malini Balakrishnan, CIO & VP of Process Optimization at Building Materials Holding Company dba BMC. "Bigtincan's technology has significantly boosted the productivity for our field employees by delivering the right content to the right person at the right time – without having to be concerned about security."
The solution works on any iOS,Android device and a HTML5 version for use on PCs and Macs. Users can register for a free trial at www.Bigtincan.com/contact-us/
To learn more about Bigtincan hub, please join the company for an informative webinar on November 13, 2012. The schedule for webinars for different regions is as follows:
For USA and Europe:
|11 a.m. ET:||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1137452821527989504|
|1:00 p.m. ET:||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1137452821527989504|
|10 a.m. SGT:||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5800052825391186176|
|11 a.m. SGT:||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5800052825391186176|
Australia & New Zealand:
|1:00 PM. AEST:||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5800052825391186176|
|2:00 PM AEST:||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5800052825391186176|
Bigtincan is the enterprise content and productivity hub for mobile devices that's intelligent, secure and social. The company's solution helps enterprises maximize the profitability and productivity of its remote workforce by arming them with everything that they need to do business on the road. Bigtincan's technology gives remote workers real-time content access and intelligence that ensures that they are leveraging the most relevant and up-to-date information. The solution allows users to access business documents, local and corporate applications, rich web content, videos and more – all from a single, intuitive application regardless of network connection status.
Bigtincan's customers span a wide range of industries including government, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, technology and more. With Gobal headquarters in Boston and offices in Singapore, Paris, and Sydney, Bigtincan is a global leader in mobile technology. For more information, please visit www.bigtincan.com or follow@bigtincan on Twitter.