iOS8 offers several new enterprise-grade security features targeted at corporate customers. Core to iOS8 has been the integration of powerful mobile device management features into the operating system:
– New device restrictions in iOS8 include the ability to prevent users from being able to erase, reset or wipe their device.
– Expanded data protection with passcode protection for all major data types (see more in the “Management” section below).
– Certificate-based single sign-on for users to authenticate to enterprise apps go now.
– Always-on VPN so users don’t need to manually reconnect to their company’s VPN.
– Content filtering APIs can be leveraged by developers to ensure users don’t have access to inappropriate content.